replace missing teeth with dental implants
dental implant specialist in orange county, ca
Do I need Dental Implants?
Dental Implants are the standard of care for a missing tooth. Missing a permanent tooth can put a strain on every aspect of your life. From jawbone deterioration to declining self-esteem, an incomplete set of teeth will take a toll on your overall health and well-being. The Center for Oral Reconstruction and Education is proud to offer a revolutionary solution that will not only heal your mouth but change your life as well. Dental implants – widely recognized as the best replacement method – look, feel and function just like natural teeth. Your overall oral health matters.
How do Dental Implants Work?
The fact that our bodies can coexist with a variety of native and foreign materials means that our treatment options are constantly expanding. “Osseointegration” refers to the fusing of bone with an artificial material. We have found that titanium fuses so well with bone that it is nearly impossible to remove. The effectiveness of its bonding properties has proven itself to be amazingly reliable over and over again.
What is a dental implant?
Dental implants are made of titanium. A completed implant includes three pieces: the implant itself (a titanium screw that is placed in the jawbone), the abutment (a connector between the implant and crown), and the crown (the part that is visible and looks like a tooth). Dr. Grant or Dr. Mergelmeyer will place the implant and the abutment, and the crown will be completed by your general dentist.
When Should YOu Get Dental Implants?
You may be surprised to hear that your jawbone is a lot like a muscle, in that it must be stimulated regularly in order to maintain its volume. Therefore, when a tooth is extracted, the jawbone begins to deteriorate almost immediately. In fact, studies show that within a year of tooth loss, there is a 25% decrease in bone width. Thankfully, dental implants can take the place of natural teeth to provide the stimulus needed by the jaw.
Call us with any questions or to make your appointment in Orange County, CA!Call Today Book Online
How much do dental implants cost?
While the upfront cost of dental implants is often more than that of alternatives, such as bridges and dentures, dental implants outlast those approaches by several decades. This increased longevity makes implants the more affordable choice in the long run.
The Dental Implants Process
- Consultation and Treatment Plan: During the initial phase of the dental implant process, imaging is gathered along with your medical and dental histories to give us a clear picture of your current health. We will then explore your treatment options with you to formulate a plan that ensures that both your health goals and budgetary needs are met.
- Extraction: The next step is to have the tooth in question extracted. In some cases, we may be able to place the implant at the same time of extraction. In others, bone grafting will be required prior to implant placement (see next step).
- Bone Grafting: It is fairly common for the jawbone to lack the mass needed to accept an implant. In this case, a bone graft will be performed first to strengthen the target area. Bone grafting is typically followed by several months of healing before the implant can be placed.
- Dental Implant Surgery: During the implant procedure itself, a titanium screw is inserted in to your jawbone. You will be anesthetized for comfort during the surgery, which takes about 1-2 hours.
- Osseointegration: After placing the implant, we cover it with the surrounding soft tissue and let it sit for 3 months in order to fuse with the bone.
- Final Restoration: After osseointegration is complete, an abutment is placed on the implant to connect with the final crown restoration. Typically, the final restoration is done by a general dentist.
The Center for Oral Reconstruction and Education is proud to offer the highest level of care to our community. A combination of the latest treatments and technologies and a genuine passion for patient care allow us to provide our patients with optimal experiences and results in our office every day. We value patients who strive to improve their oral health. We welcome you to our practice. Call Center for Oral Reconstruction & Education Phone Number 714-771-7677 today to book your dental implants consultation.