Meet Dr. James Mergelmeyer
Oral Surgeon in Orange County
Dr. Mergelmeyer is a native of Southern California and grew up in Orange County. He obtained his Bachelor of Science degree from UCLA in Physiological Sciences and obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry at the University of Southern California, graduating with honors as one of the top of his class. Dr. Mergelmeyer then completed a rigorous hospital-based, full-scope Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency program with the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston. Dr. Mergelmeyer served as chief resident at five of the hospitals in the Texas Medical Center, including The VA Medical Center, Houston Methodist, and both Memorial Hermann and Ben Taub General Hospitals, which represent some of the busiest Level 1 Trauma centers in the nation.
Dedicated to Patient Quality Care
Dr. Mergelmeyer is honored to have the privilege of treating patients in the community that helped shape him. He values community and volunteer work as evidenced by his participation in volunteer activities during dental school including USC’s Mobile Clinic, the Center for Community Health in Downtown L.A., and even traveling to Guatemala to provide dental care. Dr. Mergelmeyer resides with his wife in Orange County and enjoys sports and outdoor activities including surfing and snowboarding.
Dr. Mergelmeyer is committed to providing the utmost compassionate care to his patients and has been widely recognized by colleagues and patients for his empathetic demeanor and quality care.
University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, Texas
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
University of Southern California Hermann Ostrow
School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, California
Doctor of Dental Surgery
University of California, Los Angeles
Bachelor of Science, Physiological Sciences
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Basic Life Support
Awards and Honors:
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon, Honor Dental Society
- USC School of Dentistry Dean’s List
- Initial Manifestation of Acquired Hemophilia A After a Routine Tooth Extraction, A Case Report and Literature Review. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Volume 76. Issue 3, 490-494. March 2018. Bennetts, Nicholas A, Mergelmeyer James E, Reimer, Eric J, Melville James C.