Meet Bao-Thy N. Grant, DDS
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Grant, is a native of Southern California and completed both her undergraduate degree in Business and her Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) from the University of Southern California, graduating with honors.
True to her commitment, after graduating from USC School of Dentistry, Dr. Grant moved to New York to pursue her postgraduate residency in oral & maxillofacial surgery at one of the largest ADA accredited programs in the country, Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine. While there, she served as the Chief Resident at Beth Israel Hospital, Bronx Lebanon Hospital, Jersey City Medical Center, Montefiore Hospital, and Weiler Hospital. She was inducted as a member of the Leo M. Davidoff Society for her outstanding achievements teaching students.
She is the co-founder and instructor of the Orange County CPR Angels, teaching Basic Life Support to healthcare providers and the public. Dr. Grant is also on staff at St. Joseph Hospital of Orange and CHOC. She has been an active delegate and chair on both the state and local organizations for the California Dental Association and the Orange County Dental Society. Dr. Grant is board-certified with the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and the American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. She is currently the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon to the Anaheim Ducks NHL team.
Dr. Grant has made contributions to the medical and dental profession by publishing articles and lecturing on dental implants and patients taking medications that can cause osteonecrosis of the jaw. Dr. Grant resides in Newport Beach with her husband, daughter, and son.
Dr. Grant’s ultimate mission is to provide extraordinary care in which patients are educated, nurtured, protected, and given confidence to own all aspects of their oral health and overall well-being.
Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
University of Southern California
School of Dentistry, Los Angeles, California
Doctor of Dental Surgery
University of Southern California
Entrepreneurial Studies, Los Angeles, California
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Association
- Academy of Osseointegration
- California Dental Association
- California Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- California Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Newport Harbor Academy of Dentistry
- Orange County Dental Society
- Orange County Women’s Dental Society
- NHL Team Dentist Association
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- Academy of Sports Dentistry
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Advanced Trauma Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Basic Life Support
Awards and Honors:
- 2010 Physician of Excellence (Orange County Medical Association of St. Joseph Hospital)
- Leo M. Davidoff Society Award
- Pierre Fauchard Academy Scholarship
- Century Club Dental Award
- Special Recognition by the Dean Award
- American Dental Society of Dental Anesthesiology
- Horace Wells Award
- Eleanor J. Bushee Award by the American Association of Women
- Delta Sigma Delta Leadership Award
- Delta Dental Leadership Award
- California Dental Association Scholarship
- USC School of Dentistry Dean’s List
- John J. and Marsha Lytle Scholarship
- St. Joseph Hospital
- Childrens Hospital of Orange County
Publications and Research:
Grant BT, Pancko FX, Kraut RA.Outcomes of placing short dental implants in the posterior mandible: a retrospective study of 124 cases. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2009 Apr;67(4):713-7.
Grant BT, Amenedo C, Freeman K, Kraut RA. Outcomes of placing dental implants in patients taking oral bisphosphonates: a review of 115 cases. J Oral Maxillofac Surg. 2008 Feb;66(2):223-30.
Grant BT, Kraut RA. Dental implants in geriatric patients: a retrospective study of 47 cases. Implant Dent. 2007 Dec;16(4):362-8.